17 hilarious one-liners Del Boy said to Rodney in Only Fools and Horses
"Sit down, Rodney. Keep your brains warm."
South London’s finest wheeler dealer Derek ‘Del Boy’ Trotter has been the guardian to younger brother Rodney since their mum died, and their dad fled soon afterwards.
The pair famously live in a Peckham high-rise tower block called Nelson Mandela House along with their elderly Grandad and later their Uncle Albert.
The brothers failed attempts to get rich quick, along with their dry humour, kept Only Fools and Hoses fans entertained between 1981 and 2003.
So let’s take a look at 17 hilarious one-liners Del Boy said to Rodney.
1. When Del called Rodney “the Peckham pouncer”.
2. “Rodney don’t be a plonker all of your life”.
3. “As Macbeth said to Hamlet in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, ‘we’ve been done up like a couple of kippers’.”
4. “Come on Rodney, I’ve told you before, it’s everything between you and me split straight down the middle, 60-40.”
5. “You’ve had more dogs than Crufts. The other day, Grandad took your suit to the cleaners. They found a muzzle in the pocket.”
6. “Don’t worry, Rodney. This time next year, we’ll be millionaires!”
7. “I got a Persian rug with more food on it than a menu.”
8. “You’ve always been the same, even at school. Nothing but books, learning, education – that’s why you’re no good at snooker.”
9. “I see it as a combination of my business acumen and salesmanship, and your ability to drive a three-wheeled van. Badly.”
10. “I’ll buy the sandwiches, cause you bought the Rolls.”
11. Rodney: “I’ve been thinking”, Del Boy: “Oh, leave it out Rodney, we’re in enough trouble as it is”.
12. “Oh, leave it out Rodney, you couldn’t flog a black cat to a witch!”
13. Rodney: “Del, do they call him Trigger cos he carries a gun?”, Del: “No, it’s because he looks like a horse.”
14. “Shut up you tart.”
15. “Sit down, Rodney. Keep your brains warm. “
16. Rodney questions how white his skin looks, and Del replies: “You look like a blood donor who couldn’t say no.”
17. “You dozy little twonk, Rodney.”